Was given some poppy seeds fom an ex colleague who came back from Austria.
As I have not used poppy seeds in any cooking before,
the logical thing to do is to surf net for a recipe.
That's what I got & tried.....tastes good !!
Thumb up !
Soak poppy seeds in milk & stir well
Add orange juice
Cream butter & sugar till light & fluffy
Add egg till well beaten
Stir in Orange Rind
Add sifted plain flour & baking powder
Lastly mix in the liquid ingredients
Bake in preheated 160C oven for 55-60 minutes
Pour orange syrup over the hot cake
That's it........orange poppy seeds cake !
2 comments:
Friend is back from Austria & brought supply of poppy seeds & filo sheets for me to make apple struddels.
This is another challenge cos I have not baked one before.
Interesting. Always thought the seeds are not edible.
Post a Comment